Volunteers and staff provide free transportation to events and appointments; medical and legal advocacy; advice on senior-friendly home renovation updates; vendor recommendations for repair and maintenance projects; and a monthly list of programs and activities.
Individuals and households of all ages are encouraged to join. Members must reside on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. The boundaries are H Street NE to M Street SE, North and South Capitol Streets to 19th Street, SE and NE.
1. CHV values the richness and diversity of the Capitol Hill community.
2. CHV believes that Capitol Hill residents should have the opportunity to remain an integral part of the Capitol Hill community throughout their lives, living in the homes they have grown to love, and to maintain the network of friends and neighbors they have developed over the years.
3. CHV values the willingness of the residents of Capitol Hill and elsewhere to volunteer their time and expertise in support of its mission.
4. CHV values the advice and opinions of its members and regularly seeks their views on volunteer or vendor services and other programs of CHV.
5. CHV values the privacy, dignity, and independence its members and volunteers.
6. CHV values the generosity of its donors, who support the organization with financial and in-kind contributions.
7. CHV values the volunteer experience itself, and believes that volunteers will find their association and work with CHV to be rewarding and meaningful.
|Contact us: 202-543-1778 | email@example.com
|Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter