Many Capitol Hill Village members have started thinking — and taking action — to address their housing needs for future years.
To spread the word about the options, Capitol Hill Village held its first housing symposium on a beautiful
Participants were clear. They want
to remain in the homes they live in now. However they wanted to hear more about choices Capitol Hill
Village members and leaders have
been examining to stay put in
We have to plan and act now to avoid having to leave.
This was the main message of the Capitol Hill Village housing symposium May 3. More than 125 Capitol Hill Village members and other Capitol Hill residents attended the daylong housing symposium. The sessions focused on:
• adaptations that can be made for residents to remain in their homes despite future frailties;
• one-level housing on Capitol Hill that can provide a positive alternative;
• financial issues (renting or ownership or lease hold);
• co-housing, a fairly new concept,
• and small skilled-nursing homes embedded among townhouses on Capitol Hill to allow the most frail to remain in our neighborhood.
The Capitol Hill Village CFC number is 55474
CHV is proud to have been selected for the 2011-2012 Catalog for Philanthropy
The Capitol Hill Village United Way number is 8066
|Contact us: 202-543-1778 | email@example.com
|Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter